Interest in completing an independent dissertation
What is it?
• It is an opportunity for A Level students to complete a project that will prepare them for independent learning of university;
• Explore an issue of interest in depth;
• Gain extra UCAS points;
• It is an AS qualification, graded E to A*
Why do it?
• It gives students an opportunity to get into the best universities by including it on UCAS applications
• It gives a topic to discuss in university interviews
• It improves independent learning skills
What do you do?
Students complete an independent dissertation on a topic of their choice.
How is it assessed?
The assessment criteria:
|Manage: identify, design plan and complete their work||9|
|Use resources: research, select, organise and use information||12|
|Develop and realise: use skills, problem solving, decision making||24|
|Review: evaluate their work and the process||9|
|Work is internally assessed and externally moderated.
How is it timetabled?
You will have one lesson per week and will need to do the majority of your work independently
For more information see Mr Fuller or Ms Caluda.
Mr S Fuller – Head of Year 12 Ms S Caluda – Assistant Headteacher
Mr S Fuller – Head of Year 12
Ms S Caluda – Assistant Headteacher