Oaks Park High School Admissions 2018-19
Oaks Park High School has capacity in its Sixth Form for 400 students. 100 of these are for external students. We are heavily oversubscribed every year, so the following will apply for admission to the sixth form.
All students must meet the Sixth Form minimum entry requirements AND the minimum course requirements.
Minimum entry requirements:
If you wish to study 4 A-Levels you require:
- 5 GCSE grades 9 to 7 / English & Maths G5/ Relevant Subject Requirements
If you wish to study 3 A-Levels you require:
- 5 GCSE grades 9 to 5 / English & Maths G5 / Relevant Subject Requirements
If you wish to study Level 3 BTEC courses you require:
- 5 GCSE grades 9 to 4 / English & Maths G4 / Relevant Subject Requirements
In addition minimum course requirements for each subject must be met as specified on the Sixth Form Website.
Oversubscription Criteria for admission to Oaks Park High School Sixth Form.
Where the number of eligible external applicants for Oaks Park High School Sixth Form exceeds the places available then admission will be considered according to the following:
- Looked after children or children previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence order or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of the local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social service functions (see section 22(1) of The Children’s Act 1989).
- Students with Statements of Special Educational Needs where Oaks Park High School Sixth Form is named on the Statement and where the school can best meet the needs of the student.
- Internal year 12 students completing one year courses.
- Internal year 11 students
- External year 11 students
- External year 12 students wishing to retake year 12.
Where there are more external applicants than places available, priority will be given to students who wish to study courses that have not been filled. Should a tie break be required, applicants living nearest to Oaks Park High School will be given preference. This will be based on the shortest measured walking distance from the student’s home to the school’s main entrance in Oaks Lane.
Places on oversubscribed courses will be allocated in priority order to those students (both internal and external) with the highest points score in their eight best GCSEs which must include English Language and maths.
Pupils meeting the minimum academic entry requirements to whom we are unable to offer places on their chosen courses will be offered alternatives where possible.
The deadline for applications is 26th January 2018. Late applicants will only be considered if space remains in the Sixth Form. Students making late applications should be aware that spaces may only be available on a limited number of courses.
Appeals: In the event of a place not being offered at Oaks Park High School, the applicant has the right of appeal.