|Examining Body: AQA||Specification No: 7402|
EITHER B Grade GCSE Biology triple OR B Grade GCSE Additional and Core Science PLUS GCSE Mathematics 5 Grade.
Synopsis of Content:
A level biology covers a range of biological subjects from the basic building blocks of biological molecules and cells to the more complex systems such as the nervous system and genetics. We build upon the concepts at the start of the course allowing and overall view of how the world around us works.
• Biological molecules
• Organisms exchange substances with their environment
• Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
• Energy transfers in and between organisms
• Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
• Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
• The control of gene expression
Assessment Methods / Teaching Methods and Resources
Students must also complete 12 core practicals over the 2 years and must master 5 practical competencies to achieve the practical endorsement.
Textbooks: CGP AQA A level textbook, Hodder AQA Biology a level textbook, Collins AQA Biology a level textbook
Suitability for Combination
Chemistry, Physics, PE, Maths, English
Progression to Higher Education / Vocational Destinations
Dietics and nutrition
Ms Essibrah-Rockson – Science Team Leader Mrs G Dhesi – Biology Subject Leader
Ms Essibrah-Rockson – Science Team Leader
Mrs G Dhesi – Biology Subject Leader