Oaks Park High School GCSE Results 2017
Below is a summary of the draft school progress measures information that will be released by the DFE on the 12th October via www.compare-school-performance.co.uk.
The 2017 GCSE results were excellent and reflect the hard work, commitment and determination by the students, staff, parents/carers and governors of Oaks Park High School. The Progress 8 measures are the key indicators used to compare progress made compared to Key Stage 2 starting points. The positive values across the summary data represents above expected progress and well above for many. (A score of zero reflects expected progress, a score of +/-0.5 represents half a grade above or below expected progress for students and courses for that measure).
School Overall Subjects Progress 8 = +0.41
English Progress 8 = +0.68
Maths Progress 8 = +0.58
Ebacc Subjects Progress 8 = +0.47
Open Progress 8 = +0.04
Disadvantaged Progress = +0.12
Low Prior Progress 8 = +0.34
Mid Prior Progress 8 = +0.37
High Prior Progress 8 = +0.48
The following bullet points are provided to help give and understanding on how the above excellent progress measures were achieved (further information and tables are available on the school website and on the DFE website from the 12th October 2017).
- English achieved 84% and Mathematics 71% at grades 9-4 on the new reformed courses. This reflects a rise of 11% and 7% respectively despite the increased difficulty.
- English achieved 24% of the top 9-7 grades, this includes the tougher new grade 9, well above national average of 15%
- An impressive 40 of the new 9 grades were secured, up from 28 of the old A* grades in 2016 from English and Maths.
- Our top mathematicians achieved an amazing 15% at grades 9/8, nearly four times the national average of 4%
- MFL and Humanities also saw a rise in their A*-C figures, MFL up 8% to 85% and Humanities up 5% to 76%
- Across the board, the majority of courses improved their attainment at A*-C and were above national averages
- 13 students achieved the top grades (9-7 or A*-A) across all their subjects, including one student who scored a full complement of 3×9 and 7xA* grades
- There were a total of 214 A*, 8 or 9 grades, compared to 132 A* in 2016
- Spanish achieved an outstanding 58% of the top A*-A grades, national average is 28%
- Media department achieved 81% A*-C, well above the national average at 65%
- First year of the new Computer Science course produced 88% A*-C, well above national average of 61%
- History department jumped to 82% A*-C, national average 65%
- Statistics students achieved a very impressive 43% of the top grades A*-A, national average 19%
- French achieved a whopping 91% A*-C, national average 70%
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics achieved 98, 100, 100% A*-C respectively, all above national average
- Sociology department achieved an outstanding 87% A*-C grades, 25% above the national average!
- Music students are delighted to have achieved 83% A*-C, above the national average of 75%
- 17 students who sat exams in Chinese, German, Russian, Italian, Portuguese, Turkish and Urdu all achieved 100% A*-C and 11 students achieved either an A*/A
The success of these students has led to them progressing to our sixth form and we currently have 208 students on roll in year 12. Some of our most exciting success stories are as follows:
|Name||GCSE grades||A Level courses currently being
studied at Oaks Park Sixth Form
|LALL Rhiya||Two grade 9, 1 grade 8, 5 A*, 2A||Economics, Psychology, History, EPQ|
|SHADIYAH Yasmin||Two grade 8, one grade 7, 6 A*||Biology, English, Psychology, Chemistry, EPQ|
|SHARMA Rithik||Two grade 9, 1 grade 8, 4 A*, 3 A||Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Economics, Chemistry, EPQ|
|KHAN Farhana||One grade 9, 3 A*, Two grade 7S, 3 A||Psychology, Mathematics, History, EPQ|
|KHALISADAR Naeemah||One grade 9, one grade 8, one grade 7, 2 A*, 4 A||Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry|
|GNANAVADIVEL Clara||Two grade 8, one grade 6, 5 A*, 2 A, 1 B||Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry, EPQ|
|AHMED Sahir||Two grade 7, one grade 8, 3 A*, 3 A||Physics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science|
|BHUNDIA Ajay||One grade 9, one grade 8, one grade 7, 1 A*, 6 A||Mathematics, Economics, Geography, EPQ|
|YOGARAJAH Janan||One grade 9, one grade 7, one grade 6, 3 A*, 3 A, 1 B||Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science
|MORAKINYO Ore-Ofe||Two grade 9, 1 grade 8, 1 A*, 4 A, 2 B||Biology, Chemistry, English, History|
|PATEL Ciara||One grade 9, one grade 8, one grade 7, 2 A*, 3 A, 2 B||Biology, Economics, Chemistry, Mathematics,
|CHOWDHURY Thamima||Two grade 8, one grade 6, 2 A*, 3 A, 1 B||Psychology, Sociology, Economics|
|ISLAM Thaniza||Two grade 8, one grade 6, 2 A*, 3 A, 1 B||History, Biology, Sociology|
|UNMATHALLEGADOO Anish||Two grade 7, one grade 8, 1 A*, 5 A||Biology, Government & Politics, Mathematics|
|AKSU Erhan||One grade 5, one grade 8, one grade 9, 3 A*, 2 A, 2 B||English, Sociology, History|