The 2018 GCSE results were the best ever achieved by the school and show an improvement in all headline measures from 2017. These results demonstrate the consistent hard work, commitment and determination by the students, staff, parent/carers and governors of Oaks Park High School. The Progress 8 measures are the key indicators used to compare progress made compared to Key Stage 2 starting points. The positive measures across the majority of summary data represents above expected progress and significantly above expected for many. (A score of zero reflects expected progress, a score of +/-0.5 represents half a grade above or below expected progress for students and courses for that measure).
GCSE Headlines 2018
|School Progress 8||+0.76||Comb En/Ma 9-4||70%|
|English Progress 8||+0.85||Comb En/Ma 9-5||53%|
|Mathematics Progress 8||+0.37||English 9-4||86%|
|Ebacc Subjects Progress 8||+1.06||Maths 9-4||71%|
|Open Subjects Progress 8||+0.71||Attainment 8||54.1|
Oaks Park High School GCSE 2018 Link
The following bullet points are provided to help give an understanding on how the above excellent progress measures were achieved.
- Nineteen students achieved 9-7 in all subjects studied.
- One student achieved a perfect score of 9×9. One of only 732 students in the country of which only 278 were male!
- The school produced 118 “9” grades, and 397 grades of 9-7.
- More students achieved 9-4 in Maths and English than in any previous cohort.
- The Science Department saw huge numbers of the new grade 9s. 81 “9” grades in total.
- 46% of grades in the new Science GCSEs were 9-7.
- Attainment in Biology, Chemistry and Physics was significantly above the national average.
- Students achieving 9-7 in MFL, Geography and Computer Science was significantly above the national average.
- 21% of students in Drama achieved 9-7.
- 44% of students in Geography achieved 9-7 compared to the national average of 24%.
- 41% of students in Computer Science achieved 9-7, compared to 21% nationally.
- Attainment and progress in Drama, Food Technology, Film and Business all improved in 2018.
- 96% of students achieved 9-4 in Spanish. 25% above the national average.
- 94% students achieved 9-4 in Art. 19% above national average.
- 80% students achieved 9-4 in Film Studies. 16% above the national average.
A-Level Headline Measures 2017-2018
|Progress 0.15 – Above Average
This figure shows how much progress students who studied A levels at this school or college made between the end of key stage 4 and the end of their A level studies, compared to similar students across England.
Average Result 30.74 – C
A-Level Performance (Redbridge) Link